Tucker Pavilion History
Tucker Pavilion was founded in 1912 by Beverly Randolph Tucker, MD, as The Neurological Sanatorium, a seven-bed hospital located on East Grace Street in Richmond. Today, Tucker Pavilion has grown into a 137-bed psychiatric hospital with a full range of behavioral health services for seniors, adults, adolescents and children. Known to many in Central Virginia simply as “Tucker,” we have maintained our reputation for excellence in behavioral health for more than a century. We are dedicated to providing treatment which promotes emotional and behavioral wellness.