At Tucker Pavilion, we provide comprehensive treatment for individuals suffering from Major Depressive Disorder (MDD), or as it is more commonly known, Clinical Depression.
Depression is not a sign of weakness or a condition that can be willed away.
Depression affects more than just emotions. It can change a person's behavior, physical health, appearance, job performance, sleep patterns - even the ability to handle everyday decisions and pressures. Depression goes beyond the grief and sadness that a person experiences when reacting to life's losses and disappointments, such as a death in the family, a relationship gone wrong, or a conflict at work. In fact, sadness is only one of the symptoms of depression; feelings of anxiety, apathy, or irritability may also be present.
Who is at risk?
Each year, 15% of Americans suffer from some form of depression. The disease accounts for at least one-half of the nation's suicides. At some point in their lives, one-fifth of all women and one-eigth of all men will experience an episode of major depression.
Symptoms of Depression:
- Irregular sleep patterns
- Frequent awakening in the middle of the night
- Thoughts of death or suicide
- Inability to function at work or school
- Lack of energy or constant fatigue
- Difficulty with concentrating, remembering, or making decisions
- Persistent feelings of sadness, anxiety, and hopelessness
- Headaches, digestive disorders, nausea, pain with no medical basis
- Excessive crying
- Slowed thinking
- Irregular eating patterns
- Loss of sex drive
- Restlessness and irritability
- Loss of interest in daily activities
- Feelings of guilt or worthlessness
There's hope in treatment.
Depression is not a sign of weakness or a condition that can be willed away. Without treatment, symptoms can last for weeks, months, or years. However, with the appropriate care, 80-90% of those suffering from depression can be helped. The most important step toward treatment of depression is asking for help. We provide hope, help, and empowerment in a safe and calming environment.
If you think you or a loved one could be suffering from depression, Tucker Pavilion can help.
Call us at (804) 483-0050