Top Pediatric Specialists in Richmond
At Chippenham Hospital, our pediatricians and other pediatric specialists care for thousands of children each year. As the only pediatric hospital unit in south Richmond, we’re there for your child, from their very first breath in our comfortable labor and delivery suites to pediatric intensive care units where children needing a higher-level of monitoring and care are treated.
Meet Hoppy the Frog, our pediatric mascot!
Our pediatric specialists treat patients with a variety of acute and chronic conditions and disabilities, ranging from diabetes, asthma, spinal corrections, orthopedic procedures, general pediatric surgery needs, croup, pneumonia and so much more.
We understand children are different and give them the bedside manner they deserve. The hospital staff and pediatric ER staff put the safety and comfort of your child above everything else. Our pediatric units are secured and visitors must provide identification and sign in/out.
What Makes Chippenham Hospital Special
- A dedicated floor for children, adolescents and young adults with all private rooms and staffed with pediatric physicians and staff 24/7
- The Joint Commission’s Gold Seal of Approval® for pediatric asthma certification. We’re the only hospital in Virginia and only one of 10 in the country to receive this certification from The Joint Commission – the nation’s premier health care quality improvement and accrediting body.
- Pediatric Emergency Department with board-certified pediatric physicians on site 24/7
- Pediatric Intensive Care Unit (PICU) with board-certified pediatric physicians on site 24/7
- Parents are key members of the care planning team and have 24/7 visitation
- A playroom stocked with age-appropriate toys, games, books, movies and video games
- A kitchen and waiting room for families of pediatric patients
- Pet therapy
- Music therapy
- Interdisciplinary meetings twice a week with all members of your child’s care team
- Your child’s treatment team may include: pediatrician, pediatric specialists, social worker, case manager, dedicated pediatric pharmacist, pediatric-trained respiratory therapist and adjunctive therapies
Pediatric ER in Richmond
In addition to our pediatric services, Chippenham Hospital also has a pediatric ER specifically designed for children of all ages. Unlike normal emergency rooms, our pediatric ER is designed to care for children, from the brightly decorated waiting area to the diagnostic equipment our pediatric specialists use to find out how best to treat your child. You can only find this kind of bedside manner and advanced technology at a pediatric ER.
Signs your child should go to the ER
- Tummy troubles
- Trouble breathing
- Widespread rash
- Stiff neck
Pediatric mental health
For children and adolescents struggling with depression, addiction or mental health issues, we offer comprehensive inpatient care at Tucker Pavilion.