Dedicated, specialized pediatric emergency care for kids.
The ER can be a scary place for kids. That’s why the Pediatric ER at Chippenham Hospital is separate from the main emergency room in an environment designed to comfort and care for children. We don’t just provide adult medicine to kids, we provide specialized care just for children.
Quality emergency care for children.
Our pediatric ER is staffed around-the-clock with board certified pediatric specialists in a cheerful space designed just for kids. More parents in Richmond trust us to care for their children in emergencies.
If your child is experiencing an emergency, always call 911 first.
We understand how important the parent-child relationship is, which is why our physicians are committed to working with you to develop a treatment plan. We share all test results and treatment plans so you can make informed decisions about what's best for your child.
Why choose us — Expert care, comfort, and convenience
Our pediatric-friendly ER features:
- Greater Richmond's only dedicated pediatric ER unit staffed 24/7 by board certified, pediatric emergency medicine physicians and pediatricians, with 13 dedicated pediatric rooms
- A pediatric intensive care unit (PICU), should hospitalization be necessary
- Access to doctors, pediatric subspecialists and nurses specially trained in caring for children
- Pediatric medication management system that allows us to improve the speed, accuracy and administration of medications, reduce medical errors, and standardize pediatric medication dosing
- Advanced technology specifically designed for children and young adults
- 24-hour parental visitation encouraged
- Complimentary valet parking
- Free Wi-Fi
If you would like to talk to a nurse about whether you should come to the ER or wait for your doctor’s office to open, you can contact a nurse, 24 hours a day by phone at (804) 320-3627.
Visit our website or text ’ER’ to 32222 to find out the HCA ER wait times closest to you (message and data rates may apply).