Comprehensive Physical Therapy and Rehabilitation Care in Central Virginia
Whether you’re recovering from a stroke or dealing with long-standing musculoskeletal pain from an injury or disease, Chippenham Hospital’s physical therapy and rehabilitation team can help. We offer outpatient services to restore function and relieve pain — and get you moving again.
Our team is led by a physiatrist (doctor who specializes in physical medicine and rehabilitation) who develops your plan. Your care comes from highly skilled and licensed physical, occupational, speech therapists, and other professionals with special training in a variety of condition-specific therapies. We tailor our programs to your needs using advanced technologies and the backing of a full-service, elite medical center.
Chippenham Hospital offers one of the most sophisticated rehabilitation programs in Central Virginia. We have a successful record of helping patients of all abilities recover, regain skills, and improve quality of life as quickly as possible.
Outpatient therapy requires a physician referral and takes place at the hospital. Hours of operation:
Monday – Friday | 6:30 a.m. to 7:30 p.m.
Advanced Physical Therapy and Rehabilitation for All Your Needs
Chippenham Hospital offers physical therapy (PT) to protect, strengthen, or restore muscle and motor function. Treatments are personalized to your needs and can include:
- Exercise instruction
- Gait training
- Manual therapy techniques
- Medical device instruction
- Pain management therapy
- Patient education
We also offer occupational therapy (OT), which focuses on improving daily activities, such as bathing, dressing, eating, and home management. Our certified therapists develop plans to help you:
- Conserve energy
- Improve gross and fine motor skills
- Regain physical independence
- Strengthen upper extremities
- Learn to use assistive devices effectively
Comprehensive Physical Therapy and Rehabilitation Services
Our physical therapy and rehabilitation treatments and services are comprehensive. We treat a wide range of conditions and offer services that include:
- Balance and vestibular (inner ear) therapy: Balance assessments and retraining to help you gain control over symptoms, such as dizziness, muscle coordination issues, and more.
- Cardiac rehabilitation: Comprehensive education, risk reduction, and exercises to help you live better with peripheral artery disease, heart failure, and other chronic diseases.
- Ergonomics/industrial education and training: To help you understand your condition, control pain, and prevent re-injury by reducing stressors of repetitive activities or tasks at home or in the workplace.
- Pain management: Includes manual therapy, biofeedback, electrical stimulation, ultrasound technology, and heat therapy for pain from injury or disease.
- Orthopedic and spine programs: Certified hand therapy, total joint replacement rehabilitation, and other therapies designed to ease pain and improve strength and mobility before and after surgery.
- Prevention programs: Fall assessments and therapies to improve strength and prevent injuries, especially if you have conditions that put you at risk, like osteoporosis.
- Pulmonary rehabilitation: Education, therapy, and exercises for living better with lung and respiratory conditions, such as asthma and chronic obstructive pulmonary disease.
- Speech and language therapy: Custom programs to retrain voice, speech, and swallowing concerns after injury, surgery, or neuromuscular conditions from certified speech-language pathologists.
- Sports injuries and prevention: To reduce pain or recover from surgery for knee, shoulder, ankle, and other joint and muscle pains using gait training, conditioning for athletes, strength training, and more.
Choose Chippenham Hospital for Rehabilitation in Central Virginia
Physical therapy and rehabilitation at Chippenham Hospital involves education, training, and support every step of the way. Patients choose us for our:
- Advanced care with a personal touch. Because our program is hospital-based, you benefit from a therapy or exercise program tailored to your specific health needs.
- Individualized treatment plans. We offer dynamic, customized, and one-on-one evaluation, training, rehabilitation/physical therapy, and performance enhancement programs.
- Certified therapists working for you. Our expert therapists are certified in a variety of rehabilitation specialties, including cardiac therapy, hand therapy, speech and language pathology, and more.
- Facilities dedicated to rehabilitation care. We offer the best in fitness equipment and training at our outpatient center and unique care designed for your specific condition.
When it comes to your spine, you only want the most experienced clinical teams working with you. That's what you receive when you choose Chippenham Hospital.