Cardiac rehabilitation center in Richmond
Levinson Heart Institute at Chippenham Hospital is committed to providing heart patients in the Richmond, Virginia area with high-quality care and fast recovery after a heart attack or surgery. Our dedicated team of nurses, exercise physiologists and dietitians will help you and your family adjust to changes in your life after a cardiac event and provide you the resources you need to get back to your active lifestyle.
Learn more about our cardiac rehabilitation services by calling (804) 483-3015 or by emailing email@example.com.
Our team cares for more hearts, valves, veins and arteries than any other health system in central Virginia. Opened in 2003, Chippenham was the first heart hospital in Virginia. For more than a decade, physicians and hospital teams have worked tirelessly to build the region’s premier cardiac care center, proving that experience matters when you’re dealing with the complex cardiovascular system.
Our cardiac rehabilitation services
Our cardiac rehabilitation program offers comprehensive education, risk factor identification and modification, advanced respiratory therapy technology and exercise therapy for patients with heart disease, peripheral artery disease, heart failure and other chronic diseases.
The first step toward a healthy future is to recover from your cardiac event. Our team will work with you to reduce the potential for a heart attack through risk factor modification, help you to recognize symptoms of heart disease and advise whether additional medical attention is needed. You will begin an exercise program designed to fit your needs. Although aerobic exercise is emphasized, your program may also include flexibility and muscle strengthening. With physical activity and good nutrition, you will work toward your ideal body weight and cholesterol level.
An important part of our cardiac rehabilitation program is providing you and your family with the latest information on heart disease. Risk factor modification and educational programs are available and guided by your goals, needs and abilities. You can learn more about your heart and ways to reduce the potential for future heart problems. In time, you may return to your regular work and leisure activities.
Cardiac rehab FAQs
Below are some commonly asked questions about our cardiac rehabilitation center:
- How much does it cost? Our services are covered by most insurance carriers. Your carrier will be contacted to verify your benefits. You may be responsible for co-payments.
- How often will I exercise? Cardiac rehab sessions are scheduled three times a week and last about one hour. You will also be encouraged to exercise at home.
- Can my family participate? Family participation is encouraged during the educational component, but the exercise part is designed to fit your specific needs.
- When can I start cardiac rehab? Your doctor may allow you to begin as early as one week following hospital discharge, however, with some heart conditions, it may be longer.
- What do I need to do before starting? A doctor must refer you for cardiac rehabilitation. Once the department receives the order, the cardiac rehab nurse will call you to schedule your first appointment.