COVID-19 and Pregnancy - An Update for our Patients
We would like to take this opportunity to update you about your maternity care during the coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic, and assure you that our dedicated team of expert nurses, physicians and midwives are committed to providing the safest and most effective care.
Personalized childbirth care in Greater Richmond
Few experiences are as joyous and life-changing as pregnancy and birth. At Chippenham Hospital, you and your developing baby receive the best possible care with safe, skillful and supportive maternity services.
The OB/GYN team in Greater Richmond provides expert prenatal, labor and delivery and postpartum care for every type of pregnancy, even those considered high-risk. We help you create your perfect birth experience with a range of services, including low-intervention, natural birth options and midwifery care.
To learn more about our labor and delivery services, call (804) 320-3627.
When you choose Chippenham for labor and delivery, you gain access to our comprehensive maternity services and amenities, including:
- Maternity classes and hospital tours
- Prenatal care
- High-risk pregnancy care
- Maternal addiction services
- Neonatal intensive care unit
- Postpartum care
Why choose Chippenham for your baby’s birth
When you deliver your baby at Chippenham, you receive a personalized experience. Families choose us because:
- Our team is experienced. On average, we deliver more than 1,000 babies a year. Our caregivers—including obstetricians, gynecologists, anesthesiologists, maternal-fetal medicine specialists, neonatologists, nurse practitioners and certified nurse midwives—work closely as a team to make sure every delivery is safe and smooth.
- We support your preferences. You know your body better than anyone, and we trust your instincts. We help you plan a comfortable, joyful delivery based on your needs. We also welcome and support doula care and can connect you to a doula in Richmond.
- You and your baby are safe here. Because unexpected complications can occur during labor and delivery, it’s important to choose a birth center that can handle emergencies at a moment’s notice. We offer a Level III Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU) for premature or critically ill newborns and enhanced security measures.
- We’re recognized for breastfeeding support. We’ve been named “breastfeeding-friendly” by the Virginia Department of Health for our efforts to promote and support breastfeeding among new mothers.
- We provide continuous care for your whole family. Chippenham offers specialized health services for all your family’s needs. This includes adult and pediatric emergency, hospital and specialty care and women’s health services for every stage of life.
Whether you’re pregnant for the first or fourth time, we help you stay healthy, plan for birth and care for yourself and your newborn with confidence. We offer birth center tours, childbirth classes, personalized birth planning and high-risk pregnancy care.
At Chippenham, you receive our full support and attention until you leave the hospital and when you are home. Our postpartum care team provides comprehensive breastfeeding support, access to donor milk, baby photography and ongoing support groups and counseling.
Exceptional high-risk pregnancy care
If your pregnancy is considered high-risk, you can trust our expert maternal-fetal medicine specialists (also called perinatologists) in greater Richmond. Our team of OB/GYNs, genetic counselors and experienced nurse practitioners work together to ensure the best possible outcomes for you and your baby.
We offer a wide range of services, from pre-conception counseling and fetal monitoring, to planning for your baby’s safe delivery. Our team cares for moms who are expecting multiples, have pre-existing health conditions that may affect pregnancy or develop pregnancy related conditions such as gestational diabetes or high blood pressure. If you or your unborn baby needs extra monitoring or care, you’ll find the ideal combination of experience and expertise at Chippenham.
Our maternal-fetal medicine (MFM) doctors provide a broad range of services, including preconception counseling, genetic testing and counseling, fetal diagnostic procedures, prenatal ultrasounds, hospital antepartum care and delivery planning. Our MFM doctors counsel you on risk factors and thoroughly explain your genetic testing results and possible risks to your unborn baby.