Limb preservation center in Richmond
Chippenham Hospital provides limb preservation services to the central Virginia community from a team of medical professionals who are experts in treating complex extremity problems and diseases. Our limb preservation specialists at our Wound Healing Center use the latest technologies and minimally invasive therapies to treat patients who may be at risk of losing a limb.
Contact our Consult-A-Nurse® at (804) 320-3627 to learn more about the services we offer for limb preservation.
Multidisciplinary limb preservation team
To provide the most comprehensive and effective limb preservation treatment possible, our team draws on the expertise of medical professionals from several disciplines. By assembling a multidisciplinary team, our limb preservation program provides comprehensive care for patients with even the most complex conditions and diseases.
Depending on your condition, your limb preservation team may include specialists from:
- Infectious disease
- Interventional radiology
- Orthopedic care
- Plastic and reconstructive surgery
- Physical therapy and rehabilitation
- Sleep medicine
- Vascular medicine
- Wound healing
Our goal is to help you lead a full, active life both during and after your treatment.
Diabetic limb salvage program
The Wound Healing Center at Chippenham and Johnston-Willis Hospitals offer a diabetic limb salvage program designed to optimize patients’ lower extremity leg function and overall health. Working alongside our diabetes experts, our program provides compassionate, high-quality healthcare to diabetic limb salvage patients through a seamless, state-of-the-art multi-specialty network.
To speak to our diabetes nurse navigator, please call (804) 483-4043.
A team approach is critical to diabetic limb salvage. Whether a patient is currently experiencing problems with their legs and feet or is looking for ways to prevent future problems related to diabetes, our multidisciplinary team is here to guide patients through this journey.
Our diabetic limb salvage program includes:
- Comprehensive evaluation by one of our experts to develop a personalized care plan based on our protocols and patients’ individual needs
- Appointment times with 24 to 48 hours of referral
- Nurse navigator who assists patients and families with communication and coordination of treatment among various healthcare providers
- Nutritional counseling and diabetes management tips for home use
- Prevention, including off-loading, pressure relief and routine foot care
- Long-term follow up care