Central Virginia's most comprehensive orthopedic care program
Don’t let pain keep you from enjoying an active lifestyle. The orthopedic and spine teams at Chippenham Hospital offer advanced treatments for nearly every condition affecting the bones, joints and muscles—including minimally invasive and robot-assisted surgery approaches.
To learn more about our orthopedic care services, contact our Consult-A-Nurse® line by calling (804) 320-3627.
Orthopedic care at Chippenham is built around you. Patients in Richmond and across central Virginia choose our orthopedic program for:
- Programs accredited by The Joint Commission—Our total hip replacement and total knee replacement programs are approved by the nation’s leading authority on quality care, outcomes and continuous improvement.
- Care in a full-service hospital—If you need surgery, it’s at a hospital with all the services and amenities you need for a comfortable recovery.
- Fellowship-trained, board-certified specialists—Your care comes from board-certified doctors, specially trained in orthopedics, orthopedic surgery, sports medicine and neurosurgery. Many are also fellowship-trained in their field.
- Comprehensive care you deserve, all in one place—We have the latest imaging and tests to evaluate and diagnose orthopedic conditions at the earliest stages. Our hospital also offers both inpatient and outpatient orthopedic rehabilitation services. This means you can get diagnostics, treatment and therapy in one place, from one team.
- Compassionate team committed to your health—You benefit from a team of doctors, surgeons, nurses, physical therapists and other specialists dedicated to helping you get better, faster.
Our orthopedic care program in the greater Richmond area also encompasses:
- Neck, back and spine care
- Hand, wrist and arm care
- Foot and ankle care
- Joint care
- Shoulder replacement
- Physical therapy and rehabilitation
- Pediatric orthopedics
- Sports medicine
Winston's story—Total joint arthroplasty
For nearly 10 years, Winston had struggled with hip problems until he went to Chippenham and saw Dr. Miles Birmingham, orthopedic surgeon. Dr. Birmingham saw that Winston had degenerative changes in his hips, so he performed direct anterior bilateral arthroplasty on Winston's right and left hips—during two surgeries scheduled just three months apart.
Orthopedic conditions we treat
Our orthopedic care is based on a team approach where skilled doctors, orthopedic surgeons, neurosurgeons and other care providers work together to help you get moving again—without pain.
The orthopedic team at Chippenham treats a wide range of orthopedic conditions including:
- Arthritis pain
- Bone spurs
- Broken bones
- Carpal tunnel syndrome
- Degenerative disc disease
- Herniated disc
- Impingement (pinched nerve)
- Joint pain from injury or osteoarthritis
- Joint dislocation
- Muscle strains or sprains
- Neck and back pain
- Overuse or repetitive stress injury
- Plantar fasciitis (heel pain)
- Sciatic pain
- Scoliosis, kyphosis and other spinal deformity
- Spinal tumors
- Sports injuries, including concussions
- Tendon and cartilage injury
- Tennis elbow
- Trauma injury
- Trigger finger
Orthopedic treatments customized for you
When you come to Chippenham for orthopedic treatment, you get care personalized to your needs. With a full range of treatments, from nonsurgical physical therapy to complex minimally invasive surgery, we customize a plan just for you.
Our surgical and nonsurgical treatments include:
- ACL, LCL, PCL ligament repair
- Arthroscopic surgery
- Casting and splinting
- Cartilage and meniscus repair
- Digital biplane angiography (3DBRA)
- Lumbar disc replacement
- Minimally invasive spine surgery with Mazor X™ robotic system
- Occupational therapy
- Physical therapy
- Rotator cuff repair
- Speech and swallowing therapy
- Spinal fusion
- Total joint replacement for the knee and hip with MAKO™ robotic system