Expert physical therapists in Richmond
Whether you’re recovering from a stroke or dealing with long-standing musculoskeletal pain from an injury or disease, Chippenham Hospital’s physical therapy and rehabilitation team can help. We offer outpatient services to restore function and relieve pain—and to get you moving again.
To learn more about our physical therapy and rehabilitation services, call (804) 483-0776.
Our team is led by a physiatrist who specializes in physical medicine and rehabilitation and develops your plan. Your care comes from highly skilled and licensed physical, occupational and speech therapists and other professionals with special training in a variety of condition-specific therapies.
By providing individualized treatment plans, we can tailor our programs to your needs using advanced technologies and the backing of a full-service, elite medical center.
Our physical therapy and rehabilitation services
Our physical therapy and rehabilitation treatments and services are comprehensive. We treat a wide range of conditions and offer services that include:
- Balance and vestibular (inner ear) therapy—Balance assessments and retraining to help you gain control over symptoms, such as dizziness, muscle coordination issues and more.
- Cardiac rehabilitation—Comprehensive education, risk reduction and exercises to help you live better with peripheral artery disease, heart failure and other chronic diseases.
- Ergonomics/industrial education and training—To help you understand your condition, control pain and prevent re-injury by reducing stressors of repetitive activities or tasks at home or in the workplace.
- Pain management—Includes manual therapy, biofeedback, electrical stimulation, ultrasound technology and heat therapy for pain from injury or disease.
- Orthopedic and spine programs—Certified hand therapy, total joint replacement rehabilitation and other therapies designed to ease pain and improve strength and mobility before and after surgery.
- Prevention programs—Fall assessments and therapies to improve strength and prevent injuries, especially if you have conditions that put you at risk, like osteoporosis.
- Pulmonary rehabilitation—Education, therapy and exercises for living better with lung and respiratory conditions, such as asthma and chronic obstructive pulmonary disease.
- Speech and language therapy—Custom programs to retrain voice, speech and swallowing capabilities after injury, surgery or neuromuscular conditions from certified speech-language pathologists.
- Sports injuries and prevention—Helps reduce pain or recovery from a sports injury surgery using gait training, conditioning for athletes, strength training and more.
We also offer occupational therapy (OT), which focuses on improving daily activities, such as bathing, dressing, eating and home management. Our certified therapists develop plans to help you:
- Conserve energy
- Improve gross and fine motor skills
- Regain physical independence
- Strengthen upper extremities
- Learn to use assistive devices effectively
Outpatient rehabilitation admissions
Outpatient therapy requires a physician referral and takes place at the hospital. Hours of operation:
Monday to Friday from 6:30am - 7:30pm