Postpartum care services in Richmond
Taking home a new baby is one of the happiest moments in a woman's life. At Chippenham Hospital, we provide comprehensive postpartum care after labor and delivery to ensure you and your baby receive the support you need before you transition home.
To learn more about our postpartum care services, call our postpartum unit at (804) 483-2260.
Chippenham offers a variety of postpartum services, including:
- Family-centered care—We practice couplet care (also known as rooming in), so you and your partner can bond with your baby in a private setting. This means your baby stays with you in the room at all times, even during examinations. And, the same nurse cares for you and your baby.
- Comprehensive breastfeeding support—Whether you’re experiencing nipple pain or can’t get your baby to latch, our on-site, international board-certified lactation consultants (IBCLC) will help. After discharge, you can call a lactation consultant at (804) 483-2253. We also offer at-home consultations and breastfeeding support groups.
- Access to donor milk—If your baby needs more breast milk than you can supply, we offer human milk from donors. Our partnership with Children’s Hospital of the King’s Daughters in Norfolk means your baby can continue to receive the health benefits of breast milk.
- Ongoing support and counseling—It’s natural to feel overwhelmed with the challenges of motherhood, but you don’t have to do it alone. Chippenham offers postpartum support groups or postpartum depression treatment services, including 24/7 phone support.
- Baby photography—Chippenham partners with Mom365 for newborn portraits and an online gallery for family and friends.