Lung specialists in Richmond
At Chippenham Hospital, we provide effective treatment for adults and children with acute and chronic lung conditions. Our team of pulmonologists and respiratory specialists will work with you to create a personalized care plan for acute respiratory distress or your long-term health.
To learn more about the lung care services we offer, contact our Consult-A-Nurse® line at (804) 320-3627.
Healthgrades Treatment of Respiratory Failure
Chippenham is a five-star recipient for treatment of respiratory failure for seven years in row (2011 to 2017), as awarded by Healthgrades.
Through education, lifestyle changes and access to the latest treatments and therapies, we enable our patients to get healthy and stay healthy. We also prescribe effective medications and work with you to create and maintain an individual therapy program.
Our lung care services
At Chippenham, we’re proud to offer our patients with numerous diagnostic and treatment opportunities using the latest technology. We go beyond standard fixes and provide you with effective, long-term respiratory solutions.
Our pulmonary care team in Richmond provides a wide range of services, including:
- Ventilator management by our expert, hospital-based respiratory therapists
- Sleep center diagnostics with our specialists who are skilled in diagnosing and treating sleep-related breathing disorders, such as obstructive sleep apnea
- Pulmonary rehabilitation with our pulmonologists and pulmonary rehabilitation team who can help you manage symptoms of chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD) through exercise training, education, smoking cessation programs, nutritional counseling and oxygen therapy
- Advanced asthma treatments with our bronchial thermoplasty treatment—an outpatient procedure that delivers precisely controlled thermal energy to your airways
- Pulmonary function testing labs perform diagnostic tests to measure lung capacity and gas flow rates, as well as determine the strength your respiratory muscles can generate
- Bronchoscopy diagnostic and treatment labs to diagnose lung diseases and other pulmonary conditions.