Senior behavioral health services in Richmond
At Tucker Pavilion at Chippenham Hospital, our senior behavioral health care team includes a wide range of medical professionals, including doctors, nurses, mental health technicians, social workers, recreational therapists and dietitians who are all eager to help you reach your treatment goals.
If you or a loved one may be in crisis, Tucker Pavilion can help. Call our 24-hour behavioral health access line at (804) 483-0050.
Behavioral health conditions we treat in older adults
We treat the following conditions:
- Depression with feelings of hopelessness, suicide or inability to care for oneself
- Anxiety causing constant fear, paralyzing worries or panic attacks
- Severe disorientation or memory impairment
- Inability to maintain adequate nutrition, which may threaten life or vital body functions
- Threatening thoughts or assaultive behaviors toward others
- Unusual or bizarre behavior with illogical thoughts or beliefs
- Emotional issues occurring with substance abuse or medical issues
- Inability to maintain psychiatric stabilization through outpatient treatment
- Any appropriate diagnosis in the 65-and-over population
Inpatient senior mental health program
Tucker Pavilion's inpatient senior mental health program is designed for patients 65 years old and older who have emotional or behavioral issues and may be a danger to themselves or others. Caregivers, friends or family of the patient may request a program referral for immediate short-term stabilization in a calming and reassuring inpatient setting.
Components of treatment include:
- Crisis intervention
- Psychiatric triage, evaluation and differential diagnosis
- Medication stabilization
- Family therapy and education
- Activity therapy
- Coping skills training
- Discharge planning
- Outpatient follow-up
Telephone calls and visitation guidelines
Family and friends are an important part of stabilization. Patients may make/receive calls during visitation times following therapeutic activities. Please limit visitors to two at a time to afford staff dedicated time to assist with questions/needs.
- Monday through Friday: noon to 2 p.m. and 6 p.m. to 8 p.m.
- Weekends and holidays: noon to 2 p.m. and 6 p.m. to 8 p.m.